Healthy food has essential function in patient’s therapy. This function becomes more important, day after day in treating some diseases as malnutrition and anemia. Also, it decreases the complications of some diseases as Diabetic mellitus.
To provide an essential and highly valued nutrition services for all patients, caregivers and hospital staff. To evaluate, plan and implement treatment programs. To educate patients in terms of Quality and Safety according to the National and MOH roles and regulations.
To be the leader in nutrition services in Al-Ahsa Province.
- Guard against malnutrition among all patients (especially inpatients) by providing nutritious care.
- The nutrition service is implementing ISO22000:2005 in all aspects i.e. Purchasing, Receiving, storing, preparing, cooking and serving.
- Providing menus that will suit different cultures (Arabic, Asian, Indian)
- Preparing & serving patients’ meals according to the prescribed diet & Meals’ time table.
- Educating patients about their therapeutic diet to follow after discharge from the hospital and Informing them about nutritional substitute
- Nutrition department is supervising the dietary clinic that follows patient nutrition status with dietitian, that give the patient nutritive instructions and advises, and participating in health guidance program in nutrition filed and under supervision of dietitians.