The department of internal medicine in our hospital is one of the largest with multiple subspecialty sections as hematology, oncology, pulmonary nephrology, cardiology and others. Our values comes from the facts we look forward to Patient-Centeredness as the core of everything we do and we demonstrate this by highly satisfied patients and families all of the time. We also focus on Compassion for our patients, their families, and our co-workers. Our Excellence and Innovation as leaders in patient care with diversity as an essential component in the way we practice and for the value it brings to all our missions.
To advance and improve health in our community and supports innovators in patient-centered care all build up on the art of evidence-based medicine. All that through education, dedication and provision clinical care.
Provide the highest quality clinical service that is the first choice for patients and being the most trusted and influential leaders in advance health.
We have broad clinical expertise in internal medicine. Our faculty and staff provide outpatient care as OPD visit. As well as subspecialty services for patients with hypertension, hematological disease, respiratory care and pulmonary problems or patient with endocrinology issues as diabetic patient. As well as all over the hospital through our consultation service.
- General Internal Medicine Unit─ It is concerned with nonsurgical treatment of diseases of the internal organs including a huge range of disorders, such as abdominal pain, digestive disorders, peptic ulcers, constipation, diarrhea, jaundice, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, diabetes, thyroid disease, collagen diseases, infectious diseases, vitamin and mineral deficiency, as well as periodic health assessment.
- Pulmonology unit─ It is concerned with diagnosing and medical management of diseases of the lungs and airways. The pulmonologist diagnoses and treats bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy, asthma, occupational and environmental diseases, emphysema and other complex disorders of the lungs.
- Cardiology unit─ It is concerned with diagnosing and medical management of diseases of the heart and blood vessels including complex cardiac conditions, such as heart attacks, heart failure, and life-threatening abnormal heartbeat rhythms.
- Nephrology unit─ It is concerned with diagnosing and medical management of diseases of the kidney, fluid and mineral balance, and dialysis of body wastes when the kidneys do not function.
- Hematology unit─ It is concerned with diagnosing and medical management of diseases of the blood, spleen and lymph. The hematologist treats conditions such as anemia, sickle cell disease, G6PD Deficiency, clotting disorders, hemophilia, leukemia and lymphoma.
- Rheumatology Unit─ It is concerned with diagnosing and medical management of diseases of joints, muscle, bones and tendons. The rheumatologist diagnoses and treats arthritis, back pain, muscle strains, and collagen diseases.
- Dermatology Unit─ It is concerned with diagnosing and medical management of diseases of the skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes. This includes infectious, immunologic, degenerative and neoplastic diseases. Management may need examination and interpretation of specially prepared tissue sections, cellular scrapings, and smears of skin lesions by means of light microscopy, electron microscopy, and fluorescence microscopy.
- Upper & Lower Endoscopy (to directly examine the esophagus, stomach, duodenum, colon and rectum)
- Spirometry and Other Pulmonary Function Tests (to show how well your lungs are working)
- Dialysis (to filter body wastes when the kidneys do not function)
- Laboratories facilities applying Point of Care Systems
- Imaging facilities, such as ultrasound, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging, bone densitometry (DEXA scan)